Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Introduction: Growing up

The time for growing my knowledge of the Earthmother has begun. I am told that I need to inform the Elders of my past in order to seek my future with our people. So, as an old friend told me once, I start at the beginning.

My name is Davlen Mistrunner. I am a seeking to study the ways of the Druid like my father before me. My father was Hruon Mistrunner, a druid of Moonglade, his body was destroyed when his spirit was taken in the Nightmare of the Emerald Dream. My mother was Bessey Whitecloud. She was a talented miner and skinner. What I remember most about her was though the lessons she taught me in both. She died during the the taking of Mulgore.

The story of their meeting was given to me by my father's teacher,the Night Elf Druid Davlen Starfire. While my father was studying to become a Druid in Moonglade, a traveler was in passing though to research the ores of Winterspring. She was a great beauty for a Tauren, who my father took an immediate interest in. They spent days together, he showing her the wonders of nature, she showing him the resources that they provided. They were married by my father's teacher, Davlen Starfire. I was born not long after, however, my Mother was called away to help our tribes make a home. She was killed and my father went to bury her.

When he returned, he had changed. He was no longer the happy father I had known, but more colder, like the snow of Winterspring. He went to his teacher, Davlen and asked for guidence in what to do next. Seeing his troubled spirit, Davlen suggested some time in the Emerald Dream since the War had ended. I had not reached the age for the Great Hunt, so my father took his advice and went to sleep to seek his answers in the Emerald Dream. I was left in the care of Davlen Starfire. As time went on, the Druids began to see changes and sensed something was not right. It was when the Nightmare began. Davlen had entered the Dream to check the progress of my father, when my father ran to him to tell him of what had been going on. It was then that the raven god flew down and took my father's spirit with him. When Davlen returned, my father's body was lifeless. He was given a traditional Druid sending.

On the day of my birth, I was given a staff and told that according to my father, it was time I went on the Great hunt. So, I was taken to Red Cloud Mesa to begin my journey with the Earthmother. Davlen Starfire went to the Emerald Dream to fight the evils with in there. So, that is my tale. My path to the presemt has been written. Since he is not here, I have decided to write a tome of my journey though these lands, so that the only family I have left, knows what I've been doing. I now get to understand the ways of my people, and maybe one day, see my teacher again someday.

I walk with the Earthmother.
I am a Mistrunner.

No comments:

Post a Comment